CROWD-FUNDING FOR THE SEED TV SERIES
The budget for most TV shows of similar genre is easily $3 million to $4 million per episode. Some shows even exceed $10 million (for instance, shows like Game of Thrones and The Mandalorian had/have budgets as high as $15 million per episode). Based on a reasonable comparison of comparable shows of similar genre, we are currently estimating our episodic budget to be in the $4 million range. But before we can even think about trying to raise that kind of money, we have some short-term goals to achieve first. The following is a general summary of our step-by-step plan and what we believe we’ll need to accomplish it:
- $150,000 is the bare minimum needed to get the ball rolling. UPDATE: We reached this first goal in September of 2019. By November we began using that money to create a photo-realistic, 3D animated version of the first comic book (which is the Teaser for the first TV episode). In order to get the most “bang for the buck,” we contracted with a South African production studio. To see where we are currently in these efforts, please CLICK HERE to view our SEED: Behind the Scenes video playlist. As a result of all this, we have reset this page and have begun the process of trying to achieve the next goal…
- $250,000 is our new goal. This will give us the opportunity to continue production beyond the Teaser and enable us to hire some more people to help facilitate production in Dallas, Texas.
- $500,000 is basically the bare minimum to rent (or build) a studio and hire some key animation and CGI artists to work with in-house so we can begin the process of creating all of the 3D assets we’ll need in order to get started working on the first few scripts.
- $4 million is the estimated episodic budget and thus should enable us to get at least Episode 1 produced. (CLICK HERE and HERE to see how we came to this number).
- $12 million should enable us to do the first 3 episodes (which is actually the 3 part Pilot for the series).
- $15 million should enable us to do the first 4 episodes included in the script book.
- $20 million should enable us to do all of the above and give us an additional $5 million to sink into advertising, marketing and building our own proprietary infrastructure (to essentially become our own version of a Netflix type of platform).
Why so much money? Well, if you’ve seen the SEED: A Filmmaker’s Journey playlist of videos, you know how much work is involved and how many people it takes to make something like this happen. The bottom line is, it takes millions/billions of dollars to reach/impact/influence millions/billions of people through dramatic, high-quality media. Think about it. How many people have been influenced by a show like Star Trek alone? Arguably, at least the same number of people as the dollars it took to finance all the different TV series and movies in that franchise. It’s practically a one-to-one ratio. And that’s just one franchise. The Enemy has done the same with thousands of franchises – thus relentlessly having a profound impact on cultures all around the world for decades.
Consider some of the most common themes we’ve seen in Blockbuster movies and TV shows these days:
- The son of god saves the world (problem is it’s always the wrong son of the wrong god).
- Superhuman hybrids (Nephilim) save the world.
- The Titans of “mythology” are the real answer to saving the world. So, they must return (this was actually the whole theme of the 2019 movie, Godzilla: King of the Monsters).
- Reach for the stars… because we came from them.
- Ancient Aliens seeded our world with the ingredients to kick-start evolution and “our parents” are coming back.
- Forget religion. Embrace science (falsely so-called).
- There is no God so anything goes. Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.
- Witchcraft is cool. You should try it.
- LGBT has grown into LGBTTQQIAAP (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual, ally, pansexual).
- Men are horrible. Women need to rule everything (ironically as they depict women now doing the very things the SJW’s hate men for doing).
To further illustrate the point, please take 2 minutes and watch this Trailer: https://youtu.be/9JAQh544RHE. It’s for a new animated TV series called Blood of Zeus. Shows like this are being watched by millions of young people. This is what we are competing against. Whether animated or live-action, this sort of thing is very popular… but of course, it’s not based on Scripture. We must Counteract the Counterfeit! And yes, there are many more shows just like this. Blood of Zeus is just one of the most recent to come out – all based on counterfeit retellings of what is in Scripture. So if you are as sick of this sort of thing as we are and would like to see something just as epic reach the WORLD (just as these other shows are doing), please consider supporting SEED.
You see, the Enemy knows how to raise millions in order to gross billions, while indoctrinating the same numbers of people worldwide at the same time. Just think how many TV shows and movies are produced every year with the above themes (and worse). All of that was easily funded. They come up with an idea and within months, they are funded and within a year, they are either in production or have already gone from concept to completion and are moving on to the next project.
Will you help us combat this? Our goal is to produce something with the same quality as anything else you’ve seen on Prime Time television, but with a message that counters their agenda(s) with the Biblical truths we believe. We can’t do this alone though. We need your help.
But don’t let the big numbers above intimidate you. Remember, we’re starting small. We already raised our reasonable first goal of $150,000. Now, we’re setting our sights on the bigger ones. The status bar above shows where we currently are in real time. If you’d like to help move that blue bar further to the right, simply select a preset subscription amount from the list below (as for why the multiples of 3 given in the following options, please CLICK HERE to learn more) or choose your own amount to contribute.
Thank you for your time and consideration of this project. Your support is greatly appreciated.